How to begin your child's journey...
GEMS Founders School follows the National Curriculum for England and endeavors to prepare your children for a UK education in the future. In order to achieve this we wish for children to be placed appropriately in the correct year group. This means that for entry to Foundation Stage 1 (FS1), the student must be 3 years old by 15 September and entry to Foundation Stage 2 (FS2), the student must be 4 years old by 15 September.
Step 1: Submit an online Enquiry.
Step 2: Check the email address you provided when submitting your Enquiry; a confirmation email will be sent containing your Enquiry Number. Do not lose this number. It is your reference point for all further application-related communication with the school.
Step 3: Pay the registration fee (Dhs500) and bring the following documents uploaded to a USB to the school to complete the registration process:
- 1 copy of both the child’s and parents’ passports, including valid UAE residence visa page
- 1 recent passport size photograph of the child (with a white background)
- 2 years’ of school reports(latest), including any learning support documents pertaining to your child’s educational needs (for Year 1 onwards). Documents must in English.
- Nursery report cards, if available, for children entering FS1 and FS2
Due to the large volume of applications we receive daily, we would request you to come in person as we will not be able to accept these documents through the email.
Step 4: The school will contact you to schedule an interview and/or assessment test (assessment tests for English and Mathematics are required for Year 1 and above).
Step 5: Bring your child at the scheduled time for their interview and/or assessment test.
Step 6: Upon completion of the interview and/or assessment test, the school will contact you if your child has been offered a place. Once you receive the offer you will need to bring the following documents uploaded on USB to complete the admission process:
- Copy of your child's birth certificate (in English or Arabic)
- Emirates ID card back and front (copies for child, mother and father - when available)
- Original Emirates ID of the child and both of the parents
- Transfer certificate or previous school leaving certificate.Transfer certificate must be attested by the Ministry of Education if transferred from a school outside the UAE (GCC Countries) and other UAE Emirates. Children coming from countries other than USA, Australia, Canada, Western Europe, Japan and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by Educational Authorities (from a country of TC origin), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from a country of TC origin) and UAE Embassy (from a country of TC origin).
Step 7:Make you assessment fee payment (AED 1,500) to finalise your child’s admission and secure the place. Registration and Assessment fees are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-adjustable.
Our assessment tests are carried out by our trained education team. Our team works with students to make sure that our curriculum meets each child’s needs and abilities. As an international school, we do not discriminate based on nationality, ethnicity, gender or any other quantifying personal characteristic.
Doing well in an assessment test does not guarantee a placement in the school. Places are offered based on assessment test performance, former school reports and availability of places. FS assessments usually take place within the classroom environment to ensure children are school ready.
We have an allocated number of places available for students with additional needs. Please inform us of your child’s requirements when making your application so your child’s assessment test can be fitted to their needs.
Children entering FS1 and FS2 must be toilet trained at the time of registration.
Preference will be given to siblings of students currently enrolled in GEMS Founders School and students who live in close proximity to the school.
For further information, contact the registrar on +971 45195234.